Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Widdler: B-Sides and Bootlegs


Oh yeah baby!!! Some free dope Widdler tracks available for download! Don't miss out on these free unique tracks from a rare artist, one of my personal faves! I am so glad this album came out. This is not your average dubstep; in fact I'm not completely convinced you can even call it dubstep, although it does have some dub influences, and many many more influences that you do not regularly find. Pay attention to the samples because they make the song that much cooler to listen to. "Lituya Bay" blows my mind and paints a perfect picture in my brain of what is going on in the song: two nomadic cultures that live as their ancestor have for thousands of years, finally colliding. If you have a vivid imagination and are interested in how life came to be, you will appreciate it. I can't explain why this is so badass, but I find it pretty goddamn interesting, and the Widdler is mixing in dub with tribal chants and exotic sounds that the tribes people most likely sounded like during their long treacherous voyages across the landscape. This definitely isn't the only song that I am profoundly impressed by. I like every single song on this album, and am sure that you will too (if you know what's up).
Please do ME a favor, but more so yourself and download this album. Take the time to listen to it. Summer is near! This is a perfect summertime/j-smoking album to kick back to and enjoy the suns rays shining down on your soul! Enjoy! One love!  
THE WIDDLER.

Here's a couple of my personal favorites.





No comments:

Post a Comment