Monday, February 14, 2011

One Be Lo. The lyrical genius.


One Be Lo, half of the hip-hop duo Binary Star, is by far one my favorite rappers of all time and will soon be yours. The beat's perfect simplicity, old school crackling record "feel" and soothing jazzy sounds from the sax, piano and other beautiful REAL instruments will put your mind at ease and make your ears fall in love, and that's just the half of it. The well thought out lyrics and realistic stories the One man Army raps about go deep; deeper than many may be able to swim. Listening to his flow is like riding the biggest but smoothest wave you have ever caught. His wordplay is sharper than the "knife that Cane was able to clutch". The man is an underrated genius and deserves more than a little recognition. Listen to a couple songs, including the samples at the beginnings and ends and you'll see what I'm talking about.  Download the albums Be Lo. Here's just a couple of my favorites. Wish I could post them all!

Rocketship
 "Bent cash, quick fast, these rappers phony
Thinkin this craft is all about the cheese macaroni, I see the path before me, act like you know me
Internationally center of attention, not even Shaq could post me"
 E.T. 
"I coulda had way more hoes/hose than firefighters
But I choose not to date those roles, I'm strapped for higher"



 The Future
"Now in the present day, I'm blessed to say let the record play
Usin my music as a movement to correct mistakes
Knowin my death awaits, I hesitate to question fate
Boys and girls, this world is nothin but a test of faith"

Unparralelled (Decompose Remix)
"We hard to the apple core, raps galore at your door
Pull crowds like a magic sword, exca-li-bor
Travel north on a saddled horse, on a battle course
Rap in codes, tap in morse, Lo never lack the force"



 Axis
"Tell me who you trust when you're in your new trucks
Some of us dyin over a few bucks"

enecS eht no kcaB
"You only get honest expression when I spit in your ear
That means even when I'm dissing you I'm being sincere
That means even when I'm dissing you I'm being sincere"



No comments:

Post a Comment