Monday, June 13, 2011

STS9: Peaceblaster (The New Orleans Make it Right Remixes)


One word followed by seven more to describe this album: WOW/This is my favorite album right now.
I was transferring some of my old music from my old laptop to my new(er) one and was in a state of disbelief after coming across what I came across. It almost hurts to think that I had such great music in my music library that I never even knew about.
After finally listening to and seeing STS9 KILL IT at Summer Camp, I realize how awesome they are and due to this have been really into them lately. STS9=awesome. Simple and plain. And these remixes....these extremely chill, funky, spiritual, and in a nutshell amazing remixes just proved it way more. Trippy scientific bass experimentation, enchanting sounds, mutations, and plenty of other words describe what this album makes me think of, but why should I waste my time writing down random words when you could buy the album and listen to these jamtastic funkadelic remixes yourself!? Naw mean? 
You can't possibly turn down remixes by Big Giganitc, The Glitch Mob, Alex B, Daedelus, Pretty Lights, Nosaj Thing, Bass Science, Captain Crunk, Eliot Lipp, Eskmo, and other prime artists who get down with the boogie down. Still looking for a song I don't like, but I'm convinced I wont find one.
Here's just a couple of my favorites...not all of them. Just a couple. 

STS9 vs. Prefuse 73 (Megaloid MPC Vet Mixxx)



Shock Doctrine (Eliot Lipp & Leo 123)


Metameme (Alex B)


Hidden Hand, Hidden Fist (Lazer Sword)


Shock Doctrine (Welder)


Shock Doctrine (Eskmo)

No comments:

Post a Comment