Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baths: Plea/Cerulean (Album)

 If you like Flying Lotus, Mux Mool, Amon Tobin and other similar artists (and if you're indie), you are in for a treat.

I had listened to a few of Bath's songs before and dug what my ears were hearing, but wasn't too crazy about it. However, I believe that has changed after seeing him live at Pitchfork. It didn't take long for me to be very impressed with this new artist who sang while he grooved while getting technical with the complex fill ins and crazy ear-wakening sounds. This is a very talented artist who is not only dope in a musical sense but also dope as a person. Bath's, if I a not mistaken, (and I highly doubt I am) is a very happy gay man whose personality and love of self is enough to put a smile on your face. At one point during his set he messed up but he played it off very well by announcing "I fucked up", laughing it off with the rest of the crowd and continuing after he got it right. Then he dedicated one of his last songs to all the gay guys and girls in the crowd but had the decency to dedicate it to all the straight folks as well :). How thoughtful and "cute" (he kept using "cute" to describe his songs lol) of him. If you have a chance to see him you should definitely go. Now enjoy these "cute" songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment