Monday, July 11, 2011

Lotus: Greet The Mind (Memphis Mix by Alex Botwin of Pnuma Trio)


This song (Greet The Mind Remix) off the "Copy Paste Repeat" Album is my new obsession and will be stuck in my head for a while. For starters, Lotus is by far one of the most amazing bands... ever. I saw their set at Camp Bisco and it was incomparable to any show I have ever attended. My state of mind was on an unknown planet that I wish I could be on all the time. A planet where you see rays of light that aren't there, where straight is angled, where you are not exactly sure of whats going on but you can feel that you are going in the right direction, where it is hard to complete thoughts/sentences or explain things clearly, where confusion is king, where sounds are more colorful and beautiful than they are on Earth, where you feel connected to those free spirits lingering around you and a place where so many more things blow your mind and you can't explain how or why. While we were on this planet of confusion, we randomly rolled up on Lotus's set at the Grooveshark tent as soon as they started playing "Greet the Mind" and witnessed the most epic Lotus set that there possibly ever was. Twas so epic/emotional that I was forced to tears by the beautiful sounds, lights, and faces that made those 2 or so hours some of the best moments of my life. I'm not sure why I even started writing this, but I just wanted to share that Lotus was ridiculously great. 
The next day we got down to some Lotus remixes at the campsite and this was by far my favorite one. I wish I had more songs like this. Listen, buy, and enjoy this very sexy and smooth hip hoppy remix by Alex B. of Pnuma Trio. Definitely Worth the dollar!



No comments:

Post a Comment