Friday, January 13, 2012

Wicked Downtempo/Psychill/Dubstep from Phutureprimitive: Kinetik (album)


The majority of the dubstep that people (not including myself of course, but even some of what I listen to) listen to fucking blows. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty pf remarkable steppage out there, but like I said, the majority is overrated and doesn't contain much musical value. However, there are always those hard to find electronic/dubstep gangsters that blow you away and make you wonder why they aren't more well known. I have just added one more member to my mental encyclopedia of electronic/dubstep gangsters, and that member, is Phutureprimitive of Portland, Oregon. As Tony P. described in his album review:  
"This isn’t a random gathering of clicks, clacks, bangs and booms. This is a thoughtful production using steady rhythms, rich symphonic sounds a-la heavy dubstep, yet keeping a downtempo vibe. The songs are epic soundscapes drawing vivid images while simultaneously pulling at your emotions. The music manages to be relaxing and motivating at the same time. It’s a score to a movie in your mind."

With that said, here are a few of my personal favorites off the album. You'll dig them just as much as I did. 

 Xotica

Changeling

Ripple Effect


No comments:

Post a Comment