Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Max Cooper: Empirisch EP


The fucking U.K. I don't know what the people are being fed or what effect the weather has on those bloody bastards over there, but whatever it is it's obviously working because some of the bestest and most uniquest music my urz ave erd iz frum dere. Max Cooper's approach to production is unlike any other artist's. If I had to, Cooper would be somewhere in between the trippy sounds of Aphex Twin and, not really sure who else. Unfortunately, my vocabulary doesn't expand quite as far as Max Cooper's awesomeness, and I don't even know how to describe this music. Trippy House, perhaps? I fail. You folks who enjoy deep underground vibes and vivid sounds you can practically taste will dig this album. My 2 favorite tracks are Echoes Reality and Darkroom.
 The first track "Echoes Reality" sets the tone of the album and then eases into the ambient chillout track "End of Reason", which truly is a great track to chill out to. Then comes my other favorite, "Darkroom" with its beast growls and Chicago/Detroit feel. Listen to this album and support a true artist who deserves it. In other words, buy the fucking EP.

(Here are my faves)




No comments:

Post a Comment